Geographic Information Technology (GIT) Committee
The GIT promotes a strategic statewide approach to using geographic information technology. The members also provide the leadership necessary for implementing spatial data management solutions. The goals of the committee include:
- Promote geographic information technology coordination and statewide integration and interoperability
- Develop strategies to increase state, local, regional, federal, and tribal participation in statewide GIT coordination and efforts
- Recommend policy and standards for consideration by the TSB for state adoption
- Strategically develop ways to accelerate implementation of the commonly-needed statewide geographic data themes
- Support for an statewide, coordinated approach to geographic information acquisition, management, access, distribution and funding.
Current membership of the committee includes executive delegates from the departments of Ecology, Health, Information Services, Natural Resources and Transportation and the Military Department. Additional membership includes the chair of the Washington State Geographic Information Council (WAGIC), and federal and local government representatives. The committee meets quarterly.