Geographic Information Technology (GIT) Committee
The GIT promotes a strategic statewide approach to using geographic information technology. The members also provide the leadership necessary for implementing spatial data management solutions. The goals of the committee include:
- Promote geographic information technology coordination and statewide integration and interoperability
- Develop strategies to increase state, local, regional, federal, and tribal participation in statewide GIT coordination and efforts
- Recommend policy and standards for consideration by the TSB for state adoption
- Strategically develop ways to accelerate implementation of the commonly-needed statewide geographic data themes
- Support for an statewide, coordinated approach to geographic information acquisition, management, access, distribution and funding.