Historical estimates of April 1 population and housing for the state, counties, and cities
Intercensal estimates are estimates that are bracketed on both sides by decennial census or state-certified special census counts. As such, they yield a more consistent series than postcensal estimates which only reference the prior census point.
- April 1 intercensal estimates of population and housing: 1990-2000 | 2000-2010
- April 1 intercensal estimates of population (state and county only): 1960-2010
Postcensal estimates are estimates that reference the prior census point. These estimates are provided for historical reference purposes.
- April 1 postcensal estimates of population: 1960-present
- April 1 postcensal estimates of housing: 1970-present
Decennial census counts
- Decennial census counts of population: 1890-2010