Chart of Accounts project (One Washington)
The Chart of Accounts (COA) project, sponsored jointly by the One Washington and Accounting divisions within OFM, aims to ultimately standardize the statewide chart of accounts and all taxonomies and elements within it in order to prepare the state for eventual deployment of a modern Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
The project was kicked off in 2014, and OFM is utilizing a phased approach, as follows:
- Phase 1: Completed May 2016
- Developed a business case
- Phase 2: Completed January 2017
- Worked with a pilot group of 10 agencies to develop a draft statewide Sub-subobject (SSO) table and a data governance process for managing the statewide SSO table.
- Phase 3: Currently Underway
- Sharing the pilot results statewide; collaborating with additional agencies regarding the changes; loading the new statewide SSO table for the 2019 Biennium.
For more information, visit the Chart of Accounts project.