Chart of Accounts Project (One Washington)
The Chart of Accounts (COA) project, sponsored jointly by the One Washington and Accounting divisions within OFM, aims to ultimately standardize the statewide chart of accounts and all taxonomies and elements within it in order to prepare the state for eventual deployment of a modern Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
The project was kicked off in 2014, and OFM is utilizing a phased approach, as follows:
- Phase 1: Completed May 2016
- Developed a business case.
- Phase 2: Completed June 2017
- Implemented a statewide Sub-sub object (SSO) table and a data governance process for managing the statewide SSO table.
- Phase 3: Currently underway (July 2018 – Aug 2019)
- Document the state’s current COA uses and needs. This includes the needs of agencies, LEAP, OFM Budget, and the Legislature.