Assess Finance Organizational Strategy and Readiness Project
OFM Statewide Accounting is currently working on the Assessing Finance Organizational Strategy and Readiness Project that will help inform the One Washington business transformation to modernize and improve aging administrative systems. This project will assess the organizational strategies now used to manage agency finances and begin taking the steps needed to smoothly transition to the new Software as a Solution Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
While the software selection is still a ways off, this project focuses on activities that do not depend on new technology. The project teams will:
- Define a centrally governed and consistent statewide chart of accounts structure.
- Analyze, identify and consolidate customer and payee files into a single master file.
- Standardize agency interfaces from AFRS.
- Identify the accounting training needs for the state.
- Establish a federal grants community of practice.
The project teams will provide periodic updates as the project progresses on this website.