Number of Employees and Headcount Trends
Summary of workforce, headcounts as of December 31, 2017:
- executive branch – 62,425
- legislative branch – 777
- judicial branch – 493
- general government (excluding higher ed) – 63,695
- Number of State Employees by Agency and County (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Number of State Employees by Job (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Includes permanent and nonpermanent employees.
- Excludes higher education institutions.
Last Updated: 01/16/2018
Time Period: 12/31/2013–12/31/2017
Update Frequency: quarterly (end of fiscal quarter)