Training for accounting and budget staff
We're in the process of improving the trainings and resources available to state staff. Please check back regularly for newly available courses, presentations, and other resources.
Resources and presentations
Click on the resource/presentation below to launch it in your browser. For the best experience, please do not use Internet Explorer.
- 1099 Misc. and NEC Form Data Analysis (2 hours) - updated Dec. 2022
- 2022 SAAM Updates Training (7 minutes)
- Single Audit Overview (1 hour)
Click on a link below to launch the virtual training. For the best experience, please do not use Internet Explorer.
Policies and procedures training
- Travel Policies (1 hour)
- Accounting for Capital Assets (1 hour)
- Capital Assets Policy Review (1 hour)
- Leases Accounting and Administrative Policies (60 minutes)
- Recording Lease Accounting Transactions (15 minutes)
Fiscal year-end training and resources
- Federal Disclosure Forms - FY 2022 (45 minutes)
- Fiscal Year-End Update - FY 2022 (45 minutes)
- Fiscal Year-End Workshop – FY 2022 (4 hours)
- Disclosure Forms [PDF]
- Lease Disclosure Form (10 minutes)
OFM IT systems training
These links navigate to other pages on our website with information and other available trainings:
- Agency Financial Reporting System (AFRS)
- Capital Asset Management System (CAMS)
- Enterprise Reporting (ER and WebI)
- Travel and Expense Management (TEMS)
These trainings will be listed on The Learning Center and on the website course catalog when they become available:
- Accounting 101: Foundations of Accounting (Spring 2023)
- Accounting 102: Implementing Foundational Accounting (Spring 2023)
- Accounting 104: Foundations of Governmental Accounting (TBD)
- Accounting 201: Implementing Foundational Governmental Accounting (TBD)
Registering for The Learning Center
We are also transitioning to using The Learning Center for training activities, including enrollment, CPE certificates, and waitlists.
State employees automatically receive an account to access The Learning Center. Contact your agency's training representative or human resources for information to log in and register for our courses.
State higher education staff are provided access to The Learning Center to complete required contracts and procurement training only. For more information about this program, visit the Department of Enterprise Services (DES) Contracts & Procurement Training & Development site or email DES.
If you do not have access to The Learning Center, please contact Statewide Accounting Training Manager Mo Golden for assistance.
Instructor-led trainings are currently conducted virtually via Teams. In the future, there will be hybrid options, with classroom locations at the Olympia campus.