State of Washington Classified Job Specification
SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER
- Crisis management team member;
- Corroboration and consultation with school and state-related agencies;
- Liaison between WSD, parents, social service, law enforcement medical, judicial and educational agencies;
- Assists in development and implementation of behavioral objectives;
- Provides support and assistance to school counselors;
- Develops and conducts individual case study activities in cooperation with academic personnel;
- Maintain accurate records;
- May be asked to participate in IEP and/or staff meetings;
- Performs other work as required.
Knowledge and Abilities
Ability to: establish and maintain effective working relations with students, staff, parents and families; obtain confidence and operations of students; assist individuals to develop acceptable patterns of conduct; express oneself effectively both orally and in writing.
A Master's degree in Social Work; and eligibility for an Educational Staff Associate (E.S.A.) certification from the Washington Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (O.S.P.I); and proficiency in American Sign Language
Class Specification History
New class code: (formerly 21580) effective July 1, 2007