Agency Financial Reporting System (AFRS) - Basics
This course provides a high-level overview of the Agency Financial Reporting System (AFRS) and the AFRS Financial Toolbox. This introductory course will cover basic navigation and system functions. The learner will be given the opportunity to learn and then practice exercises within AFRS.
At the conclusion of this course, learners will have reviewed information about:
- Table Maintenance
- Batch Interface
- Vendor Maintenance
- Financial Toolbox
Once all modules are finished, the learner will complete an interactive scenario.
What You Need to Complete the Course
Intended Audience: New AFRS users.
Equipment: The course contains narration, so you'll need either speakers or headphones.
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes.
Note: If you don't complete the entire course in one session, you may resume where you left off at another time. However, if you switch browsers or computers, you will not be given the option to resume — you'll have to start over.
Take the eLearning Course
If your agency uses the state's Learning Management System (LMS):
- AFRS Basics and Financial Toolbox (eLearning course)
- Login to the LMS
- Click on Course Catalog
- In the Search For box type WA-State AFRS
- Click on WA-State - AFRS Basics and Financial Toolbox
If you are a Higher Education employee or if your agency does not use the Washington State Learning Management System (LMS), use this link. Note that this version will not be recorded in your LMS learner transcript.
AFRS Basics and Financial Toolbox: Job Aids
- Error Correction Process
- Exception Code Table
- General Use Financial Toolbox
- Input Record Coding Elements
- Interagency Vendor Payments
- Payment Options in AFRS
- Statewide Vendor File Maintenance
- System Security
- TM – Table Maintenance Overview
- TM.1 – Descriptor Table
- TM.2 – Transaction Code Table Quick Guide
- TM 2.5 – Master Index Table
- Transaction Input: Batch Balancing, Batch Release, Error Corrections