Capital Budget System (CBS)
CBS allows for the online development of the agency's capital budget request. It supports multiple budget versions so agencies can easily develop various scenarios. A project estimation tool is available within the application that calculates the necessary costs for completing a capital project including automatic calculations for inflation factors, taxes, etc. Security levels are built in to ensure that only users with the appropriate level of authority have the ability to make changes after records are locked.
Internet Explorer in Compatibility Mode (Tools > Compatibility View Settings > Add ofm.wa.gov in the “Add this website” box and click add)
In order for CBS to work, you must disable your pop-up blocker for this site. This is a two-step process that you need to do from Internet Explorer: Select Tools, Pop-up Blocker, TURN OFF POP-UP BLOCKER Select Tools, Compatibility View Settings. Once in the Compatibility View Setting you will see *wa.gov in the “Add this Website”. If you have administrative rights to your machine you will be able to click the “ADD” Icon. (Note: If this is greyed out you will need to work with your internal IT staff.)
A report is available if you have access to the Budget Reports within the Reporting Portal. Steps to get report:
- Select the Budget Reports Folder
- Then select Agency Access Reports
- Double click on the report “List Budget Login ID” to schedule the report. It will default to your agency. You can use the “Sort List By” to sort by “Budget System” and then click Schedule.
- The report will show the status and will auto refresh until it has successfully completed.
- Double click on the line for the report and it will open. You can then click on CBS from the Group Tree. This will take you to the CBS section where you can view your agency users for each security level.
Yes, you can run a pre-release edit check at any point, by selecting the project(s) from the Projects tab and clicking Prerelease. All the edits for your security level will be displayed as of that point in time.
The “User Defined” field is available to agencies to enter whatever information helps you to further define their projects.
The location requirements are different based on the Project Class selection. For a Parent Project the location for County, City and Legislative district should be statewide or left blank, and each Subproject should have the specific location information.