State of Washington IT Professional Structure
IT SECURITY - SENIOR/SPECIALIST
Allocation criteria for classified IT job families and levels is found in the IT Professional Structure Evaluator’s Handbook.
Job Family Definition
Job Level Competency Description
• Able to apply advanced knowledge of a wide range of principles, concepts and practices in the assigned area(s) gained through extensive experience and skill in applying this knowledge to complex work assignments.
• Independently works on all levels of an assignment (including most complex) and provides guidance to lower level staff on complex issues.
• Devises methods and processes to analyze/evaluate problems.
• Able to translate complex nuances to others.
• Able to complete complex tasks using advanced knowledge and skill, including developing new processes and working with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
• Able to improve processes; focus on broader issues.
• Able to see the holistic view of situations in order to complete tasks.
• Provides practical/relevant ideas and perspectives on process or practice improvements that may be easily implemented.
• Able to employ maxims (i.e. applied theory) for guidance, that adapt to the situation at hand.
• Recognized as a resource to others.