State of Washington IT Professional Structure
IT VENDOR MANAGEMENT - SENIOR/SPECIALIST
The information contained on this page is a general description of the IT Professional Structure job family and level noted. The hiring agency or institution maintains positions descriptions with the specific duties and required qualifications for individual positions.
Allocation criteria for classified IT job families and levels is found in the IT Professional Structure Evaluator’s Handbook.
Job Family Definition
Work that manages IT vendors and ensures that all service level agreements (SLAs) or underpinning contracts for IT services across the organization are delivered according to specifications. Work also includes working with IT, business units, and contract managers in identifying and evaluating technology services providers that are consistent with the organizations business strategy and architecture.
Job Level Competency Description
• Able to apply advanced knowledge of a wide range of principles, concepts and practices in the assigned area(s) gained through extensive experience and skill in applying this knowledge to complex work assignments.
• Independently works on all levels of an assignment (including most complex) and provides guidance to lower level staff on complex issues.
• Devises methods and processes to analyze/evaluate problems.
• Able to translate complex nuances to others.
• Able to complete complex tasks using advanced knowledge and skill, including developing new processes and working with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
• Able to improve processes; focus on broader issues.
• Able to see the holistic view of situations in order to complete tasks.
• Provides practical/relevant ideas and perspectives on process or practice improvements that may be easily implemented.
• Able to employ maxims (i.e. applied theory) for guidance, that adapt to the situation at hand.
• Recognized as a resource to others.
There may be instances where individual positions must have additional licenses or certification. It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure the appropriate licenses/certifications are obtained for each position.
Recruitment announcements will specify the specific desirable qualifications for the posted position.
New classification, adopted 06/13/2019, effective July 1, 2019.