State of Washington IT Professional Structure
IT BUSINESS ANALYST - MANAGER
The information contained on this page is a general description of the IT Professional Structure job family and level noted. The hiring agency or institution maintains positions descriptions with the specific duties and required qualifications for individual positions.
Allocation criteria for classified IT job families and levels is found in the IT Professional Structure Evaluator’s Handbook.
Job Family Definition
Work that involves applying analytical processes to the planning, design and implementation of IT systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations. Also includes the work of translating business needs to technical requirements. These activities apply to establishing new IT systems as well as improving existing IT systems.
Job Level Competency Description
• Manages designated IT activities involving one or more specialized IT job families within an assigned area of responsibility.
• Applies and manages IT resources effectively to meet client’s business needs.
• Consults and provides expert technical guidance and advice to assigned IT staff.
• Applies new technology, make recommendations and work with IT staff to resolve complex technical IT issues.
• Applies project management principles, methods and practices to assigned projects or initiatives.
• Reviews budget allotments and expenditures.
• Approves specifications and design requirements for applications and systems.
• Establishes tactical and operational priorities.
There may be instances where individual positions must have additional licenses or certification. It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure the appropriate licenses/certifications are obtained for each position.
Recruitment announcements will specify the specific desirable qualifications for the posted position.
New classification, adopted 06/13/2019, effective July 1, 2019.