State of Washington IT Professional Structure
IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT - SENIOR MANAGER
Allocation criteria for classified IT job families and levels is found in the IT Professional Structure Evaluator’s Handbook.
Job Family Definition
Work that involves the monitoring or management of technology projects using standard project management techniques. Includes creating projects estimates, reporting, resource and capacity planning.
Job Level Competency Description
• Analyzes practical situations and applies knowledge of the IT job family disciplines to meet the specialized needs of the organization.
• Provides the highest level of technical IT expertise and guidance to organization administrators. Communicates using non-technical terms to administrators regarding IT services and functions.
• Develops, interprets and applies policies and procedures governing the overall delivery of IT services.
• Mentors and coaches managers, supervisors and employees in best practices and standards.
• Serves as the most senior technical position and represents the highest level of professional expertise in consulting and advisory work across multiple job families.
• Provides overall strategic direction and highest level technical guidance to assigned project or other personnel. Prepares activity and progress reports.
• Responsible for developing the vision and designing, deploying and enhancing IT services support for the organization.
• Makes strategic decisions including implementing initiatives across multiple divisions or across the agency/higher education institution.
• Serves as a technical executive sponsor of large scale IT projects.
• Manages and monitors IT Services budgets.