Facilities Portfolio Management Tool (FPMT)
Initially implemented in 2017, the Facilities Portfolio Management Tool (FPMT) uses a secure, vendor-hosted software solution to track and manage data. Over the past several years, agencies have primarily used FPMT as the system of record for the state’s facilities inventory. Data has informed the state’s biennial Six-Year Facilities Plan, budget decisions and comprehensive emergency management planning. For additional information, refer to OFM’s Facilities Oversight and Planning web page.
We have expanded FPMT to comply with new Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) requirements. For more information about these lease accounting changes, refer to Statewide Accounting’s GASB 87 web page. System updates went live on October 1, 2021.
FPMT’s new GASB functionality includes the following types of system modifications:
- New integration with the Agency Financial Reporting System (AFRS). FPMT sends accounting transactions, including lease payments, for specified leases.
- New FPMT reports for reconciliation to AFRS, recording entries manually and financial statement disclosures.
- New data types. In addition to facilities, FPMT now tracks land and other assets that meet GASB criteria.
- New and modified tables and fields within FPMT.
- A new Accounting user role and a modified Facilities user role. User role permissions determine scope of edit rights and functionality.
- For an overview of table and user permission changes, refer to the What’s New with FPMT job aid.
Frequently Asked Questions
FPMT access is restricted to Washington state employees. All users must request an account through the system following the instructions in the Request New User Account job aid. The default user role is read only. FPMT agency administrators must approve elevated permissions.
If a new user requires edit rights, the agency administrator must submit a user access form to the OFM Help Desk at HeretoHelp@ofm.wa.gov. In addition to approving edit rights, the agency administrator will indicate which role the user should have: Facilities, Accounting or both. Training is required for all new users requesting edit rights.
FPMT agency administrators should also submit a user access form for existing FPMT users who need additional permissions, such as a Facilities user who also needs the Accounting role.
A list of agency administrators is available here.
Agencies must designate an FPMT agency administrator to approve edit rights and indicate which role a new user should have: Facilities, Accounting or both. Administrators also approve additional permissions for existing users (e.g., a Facilities user who also needs the Accounting role). Agencies may designate an administrator for each FPMT role or one individual for both.
Submit a completed designation form to the OFM Help Desk at HeretoHelp@ofm.wa.gov. OFM IT maintains a list of FPMT agency administrators. If an individual should no longer be designated as an administrator, contact the OFM Help Desk.
Two on-demand eLearning courses are now available. We have an eLearning for accounting users and an eLearning for facilities users. Both trainings are accessible from this web page. The eLearnings are also available in the Washington State Learning Center.
The trainings provide an overview of the FPMT system as well as business scenario examples. They are a great resource for new users, and they also include menu links so that experienced users can get a quick refresher for specific topics or learn about modifications to the system.
Yes. There are two versions of the FPMT eLearning – one for accounting users and one for facilities users. The trainings include a system overview for all users as well as content specific for each user role. Each eLearning also includes an overview of why the system was modified and what has changed, with an emphasis on the importance of communication and coordination between facilities users and accounting users due to changes in role permissions.
Where do I find information about GASB 87 lease accounting policies, scope guidelines, and interactive decision trees?
Information, guidelines, and interactive decision trees are available on OFM's GASB 87 resource page.
Contact information is available on the OFM Accounting page.
Contact information is available on the OFM Facilities page.
Where do I find instructions for the annual Facilities Inventory and biennial Six-Year Facilities Plan?
Instructions and due dates are available on OFM’s Facilities Inventory and Six-Year Facilities Plan web pages.
FPMT uses modern technology with standard navigation tools and is flexible enough to expand as new business needs are identified. Some of the additional benefits include:
- Data errors are reduced by preventing duplicate records and enforcing data integrity. Required data fields are clearly labeled, and the system will provide user-friendly error messages if you select save and have not provided data for required fields.
- Data is secured by user roles with security/permissions to help ensure agencies control and manage their data. User roles can be assigned separately for accounting users and facility users to support agency business processes. FPMT maintains a record of who made system changes and when those changes were made.
- Data for lease accounting transactions can be sent to AFRS. You can also produce reports for reconciliation to AFRS, recording entries manually, and financial statement disclosures.
- Search and filter tools can be used to navigate the system. Menu-driven structures provide the ability to drill-down for additional information, and standard pre-built reports are also available for common business processes.
- Interactive maps help agencies visualize facilities information. The mapping functionality is helpful for understanding the state’s facilities inventory and for identifying opportunities to improve space utilization for specific agencies and across the enterprise. Historical data retention shows how the facilities portfolio changes over time.
Facilities user role:
- Create Owned Facility (Business Process Wizard)
- Create Leased Facility (Business Process Wizard)
- Create Receivable Lease - Facility (Business Process Wizard - PDF)
- Deactivate Owned Facility (Business Process Wizard - PDF)
- Transfer a Facility (PDF)
- Report Available Space (PDF)
- Report Workstation and Occupancy Data (PDF)
- Report Operating Costs (PDF)
- Condition Matrix - Facility (PDF)
Accounting user role:
- Renew Lease Contract - Facility (Business Process Wizard - PDF)
- Renew Receivable Lease Contract - Facility (Business Process Wizard - PDF)
- Renew Master Lease and Receivable Lease Contract - Facility (Business Process Wizard - PDF)
- Renew Facility Lease or Receivable Lease With Deferred Maintenance (PDF)
- Deactivate Leased Facility (Business Process Wizard - PDF)
- Deactivate Receivable Leased Facility (Business Process Wizard - PDF)
- Lease and Receivable Lease Amendment - Facility (PDF)
- Holdover Status – Facility (PDF)
- Month-to-Month Leases - Facility (PDF)
- Upload Lease and Receivable Contracts - Facility (PDF)
- Add New Land (PDF)
- Add New Owned Land (PDF)
- Add New Leased Land (PDF)
- Add New Lease Contract - Land (PDF)
- Add New Receivable Lease Contract - Land (PDF)
- Lease Renewal - Land (PDF)
- Receivable Lease Renewal - Land (PDF)
- Master Lease and Receivable Lease Renewal - Land (PDF)
- Lease and Receivable Lease Amendment - Land (PDF)
- Holdover Status - Land (PDF)
- Inactivate Land (PDF)
- Add New Subscription Based IT Arrangement (Other Asset) (PDF)
- Add New Other Asset (PDF)
- Add New Lease Contract - Other Asset (PDF)
- Add New Receivable Lease Contract - Other Asset (PDF)
- Lease Renewal – Other Asset (PDF)
- Receivable Lease Renewal – Other Asset (PDF)
- Master Lease and Receivable Lease Renewal - Other Asset (PDF)
- Lease and Receivable Lease Amendment - Other Asset (PDF)
- Holdover Status - Other Asset (PDF)
- Inactivate Other Asset (PDF)
- Quick Overview - Reports (PDF)
- FPMT QA Reports - Facilities (PDF)
- Lease Contract QA Report (PDF)
- QA Report Correction Steps (XLS)
- AFRS Daily Report (PDF)
- Amortization Schedule Report (PDF)
- Lease Accounting Reconciliation (PDF)
- Lease Accounting Transactions (PDF)