Health care access, utilization and quality
Ongoing research into the use and distribution of medical services, as well as key public-private initiatives targeting health care improvement in Washington.
WA-APCD health measures dashboards
HEDIS quality measures dashboard
This dashboard reports results at the statewide and Accountable Communities of Health-level for a set of claims-based Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) measures including prevention, access and overuse measures.
Prevalence of chronic conditions in Washington
This dashboard displays prevalence and per member per month healthcare costs of persons with chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. Results are available by legislative district and Accountable Communities of Health.
Relationships between selected health measures and socioeconomic characteristics
This dashboard allows you to compare ZIP-code level results from a select set of health care quality and cost measures, including adult access to preventative care and total cost per member per month, to socioeconomic characteristics, such as the percent of population living below the poverty line.
Washington State MONAHRQ: Hospital utilization, quality, and avoidable stays
Washington State MONAHRQ is an information system of inpatient care utilization, quality, and potentially avoidable stays in Washington's community hospitals. The compilation of this system is based on the tools of Quality Indicators (QI) and MONAHRQ provided by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
Washington State MONAHRQ factsheets
- No. 3 – “Cesarean Delivery Rates Vary Among Racial/Ethnic Groups in Washington and U.S.” - April 2015
- No. 2 -"Declining Hospital Stays with Laminectomy as Primary Procedure Were Accompanied by Increasing Cost in 2010-2012" - Feb. 2015
- No. 1 - "Six-Fold Difference in High and Low County Rates of Potentially Avoidable Hospital Stays for Chronic Conditions in 2012" - Jan. 2015
Need alternative format?
To accommodate persons with disabilities, information from MONAHRQ can be provided in alternative formats. Please contact us at 360-902-0599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. TTY/TDD users should contact OFM via the Washington Relay Service at 711 or 1-800-833-6388.
Geographic variation in use and distribution of medical resources
Ongoing OFM and national research into geographic variation in the use and distribution of medical resources; and key public-private initiatives targeting health care quality improvement in Washington State.
- Potentially preventable hospitalizations by legislative district [PDF] - July 2017
- County Medicare variation 2007-2014 – state and county trends in Medicare enrollment, demographics, health conditions, utilization, and costs.
- Dartmouth Atlas of Health Care - comprehensive information and analysis about national, regional, and local markets, as well as individual hospitals and their affiliated physicians through which glaring variations in how health care is delivered across the United States are apparent.
- A report on observation unit stays in Washington state [PDF] - Nov. 2014