Health care access, utilization and quality
Ongoing Office of Financial Management and national research into the use and distribution of medical services; and key public-private initiatives targeting health care improvement in Washington state.
Washington State MONAHRQ: Hospital Utilization, Quality, and Avoidable Stays
- Washington State MONAHRQ is an information system of inpatient care utilization, quality, and potentially avoidable stays in Washington State’s community hospitals. The compilation of this system is based on the tools of Quality Indicators (QI) and MONAHRQ provided by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
- Washington State MONAHRQ Factsheets
- No. 3 – “Cesarean Delivery Rates Vary Among Racial/Ethnic Groups in Washington and U.S.” - April 2015
- No. 2 -"Declining Hospital Stays with Laminectomy as Primary Procedure Were Accompanied by Increasing Cost in 2010-2012" - Feb. 2015
- No. 1 - "Six-Fold Difference in High and Low County Rates of Potentially Avoidable Hospital Stays for Chronic Conditions in 2012" - Jan. 2015
To accommodate persons with disabilities, information from MONAHRQ can be provided in alternative formats. Please contact the Office of Financial Management (OFM) at 360-902-0599 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. TTY/TDD users should contact OFM via the Washington Relay Service at 711 or 1-800-833-6388.
Geographic Variation in use and Distribution of Medical Resources
Ongoing Office of Financial Management and national research into geographic variation in the use and distribution of medical resources; and key public-private initiatives targeting health care quality improvement in Washington State.
- County Medicare Variation 2007-2014 – state and county trends in Medicare enrollment, demographics, health conditions, utilization, and costs.
- Dartmouth Atlas of Health Care - comprehensive information and analysis about national, regional, and local markets, as well as individual hospitals and their affiliated physicians through which glaring variations in how health care is delivered across the United States are apparent.
- A report on Observation Unit Stays in Washington state - Nov. 2014