About Statewide Accounting
The primary role of Statewide Accounting is to issue statewide financial and administrative policies, provide financial consulting, monitoring, training services, and produce statewide reports. Statewide Accounting is responsible for fiscal year closing and supplemental reporting disclosures.
Contact information for OFM Statewide Accounting.
List of our staff organized by agency they support.
What does Statewide Accounting do?
Statewide Accounting provides a variety of services including:
- Consults and assists state agencies by providing training on administrative, accounting, and reporting policies.
- Supports agencies with statewide financial and federal requirements.
- Develops and maintains the State Administrative & Accounting Manual, also known as SAAM. Policies in SAAM cover financial, accounting and reporting policies, as well as travel and other administrative topics. We also provide Administrative & Accounting Resources to help state agencies fulfill policy requirements in SAAM.
- Prepares and publishes Washington state's Annual Comprehensive Financial Report. This report is a thorough and detailed presentation of the state's financial condition. It reports on the state's activities and balances for each fiscal year. It involves a yearlong production effort from the entire Statewide Accounting team.
- Prepares and publishes the state's Single Audit Report and the Audit Resolution Report.