Health care data resources
Data available for understanding key access, cost, and quality components of health care in Washington State. Some data sources allow comparison to other states. Primary data sources currently include local and national surveys and data gathering on population characteristics, employers, health services, health expenditures, and health status.
Reports for Washington State Surveys of Primary Care Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants
- Washington State Primary Care Physician Survey Data Report - 2011
- Washington State Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Survey Data Report - 2012
- Washington State Primary Care Physician Assistant Survey Data Report - 2012
Health Care Consumer Survey
- Report for the Washington State Health Care Consumer Survey
2012 Washington State Health Care Consumer Survey-Data Report - January 2013
Washington State Inpatient Hospital Data
- Comprehensive Hospital Abstract Reporting System (CHARS) - Inpatient discharge data, 1987-2012
- Financial and Utilization Data - Washington Community Hospitals
Health Expenditures Data
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Office of the Actuary - Federal estimates of state health care spending by type of establishment delivering care and for medical products purchased in retail outlets.
Health Status Surveys
- Washington State Department of Health - Data on the current health status of Washingtonians
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) - National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion data including the monthly survey of state level health risk behaviors, preventive health practices and health care access primarily related to chronic disease and injury.
U.S. Census Bureau Surveys (for comparison against other states)
Washington State Employer Data
- Washington State Employer Health Insurance Data Book
- Washington State Employment Security Department - Labor Market Data
Federal Employment-Related Surveys and Data
- National Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS) - National and state level statistics on health insurance offered by private establishments.
- Quarterly Workforce Indicators of Employment Dynamics - U.S. Census Bureau
Last updated: March 29, 2017