The Office of Financial Management conducts analysis of the health care system including workforce, utilization and coverage to inform health policy development.
Analyses, reports, and tools that describe patterns of health care utilization in emergency care, inpatient care, outpatient care, primary care, specialty care, and mental health care.
Find out about our current work to support transparent public reporting of health care information.
Data available for understanding key access, cost, and quality components of health care in Washington.
Learn about the medical insurance status of Washingtonians, primary sources and affordability of insurance, and options being considered for increasing access to insurance.
Read about the workforce and facilities that deliver health care in Washington.
Find national health policy and research organizations, and government bodies who have a role in health policy.
Recent reports and data
- Preliminary Estimates of 2018-2019 Physician Supply in Washington State - Reserch Brief 94, Dec. 2019
- 2017-18 Physician Supply: Estimates for Washington State, Counties and Accountable Communities of Health - Oct. 2019
- Changes in Long-Term Opioid Prescriptions Following Closure of the Seattle Pain Center, Washington All-Payer Claims Database, 2015-2017 - Oct. 2019
- Opioid Prescribing Patterns in Washington State: Trends in Opioid Prescriptions Among Adults without Cancer, 2014-2018 - Oct. 2019
- Analysis of Hepatitis C Drug Expenditures Using Transfer Function Time Series Model - Technical Brief , Sept. 2019
- Pharmacy Quality Alliance Opioid Prescribing Measurers in Washington State, 2010-17 - Research Brief 93, Sept. 2019
- Public-funded Health Coverage in Washington: 2017 - Research Brief 92, Aug. 2019
- Health Coverage Disparities Associated with Immigration Status in Washington State's Non-elderly Adult Population: 2010-17 - May 2019
- Washington State's Immigrant Population: 2010-2017 - Research Brief 90, Mar. 2019
- 2012-17 Congressional District Uninsured Rates Chart Book: Washington State - Jan. 2019
- 2012-17 Legislative District Uninsured Rates Chart Book: Washington State - Jan. 2019
- 2011-17 County Uninsured Rates Chart Book: Washington State - Jan. 2019
- 2015-17 Uninsured Rates Chart Book for Accountable Communities of Health: Washington State - Jan. 2019