The Office of Financial Management conducts analysis of the health care system including workforce, utilization and coverage to inform health policy development.
Analyses, reports, and tools that describe patterns of health care utilization in emergency care, inpatient care, outpatient care, primary care, specialty care, and mental health care.
Data available for understanding key access, cost, and quality components of health care in Washington.
Learn about the medical insurance status of Washingtonians, primary sources and affordability of insurance, and options being considered for increasing access to insurance.
Read about the workforce and facilities that deliver health care in Washington.
Find national health policy and research organizations, and government bodies who have a role in health policy.
Recent reports and data
- Record low uninsured rate in 2021 amid COVID-19 pandemic - Research Brief 108, Dec. 2022
- 2017-21 ARNP Supply in Provider Network: Estimates for Washington - Nov. 2022
- 2020-21 Physician Assistant Supply: Estimates for Washington - May 2022
- Evaluation of Using the 2020 ACS Experimental Weights for Washington State Health Coverage Estimates - Research Brief 106, Mar. 2022
- Hospital Mergers in Washington, 1986-2017 - Research Brief 105, Mar. 2022
- Increased medical and emergency department claims for asthma following wildfire smoke exposure in Washington state, 2014-2018 - Research Brief 104, Mar. 2022
- 2020-21 Physician Supply: Estimates for Washington - Oct. 2021
- 2020-21 Physician Supply: Estimates for Counties - Oct. 2021
- 2020-21 Physician Supply: Estimates for Accountable Communities of Health - Oct. 2021
- COVID-19 Diagnoses, Treatments, Outcomes, and Costs in the Washington All-Payer Claims Database, March - December 2020 - July 23, 2021
- Increasing Diagnosis Severity in Hospital Discharges in Washington State, 2014-2019 - June 10, 2021