The Office of Financial Management conducts analysis of the health care system including workforce, utilization and coverage to inform health policy development.
Analyses, reports, and tools that describe patterns of health care utilization in emergency care, inpatient care, outpatient care, primary care, specialty care, and mental health care.
Data available for understanding key access, cost, and quality components of health care in Washington.
Learn about the medical insurance status of Washingtonians, primary sources and affordability of insurance, and options being considered for increasing access to insurance.
Read about the workforce and facilities that deliver health care in Washington.
Find national health policy and research organizations, and government bodies who have a role in health policy.
Recent reports and data
- 2012-19 County Uninsured Rates Chart Book: Washington State - Feb. 2021
- 2015-19 Uninsured Rates Chart Book for Accountable Communities of Health: Washington State - Feb. 2021
- Estimated Impact of COVID-19 on Washington State's Health Coverage - Feb. 3, 2021 (update)
- Washington Hospital Capacity 1986-2018 - Research Brief 99, Jan. 2021
- Statewide Uninsured Rate Remained Unchanged from 2018 to 2019 - Dec. 2020
- Pharmacy Quality Alliance Opioid Prescribing Measurers in Washington State, 2014-18 - Research Brief 97, Nov. 2020
- 2019-20 Physician Supply: Estimates for Washington State - Nov. 2020
- 2019-20 Physician Supply: Estimates for Counties - Nov. 2020
- 2019-20 Physician Supply: Estimates for Accountable Communities of Health - Nov. 2020
- Monitoring the Impacts of the Affordable Care Act in Washington - Nov. 2020
- Hospital Uncompensated Care and Medicaid Shortfall Following Affordable Care Act - Research Brief 96, Aug. 2020
- Rapid Tapering of Long-Term Opioid Prescriptions in Washington State, January 2017 - Aug. 2020