The Office of Financial Management conducts analysis of the health care system including workforce, utilization and coverage to inform health policy development.
Analyses, reports, and tools that describe patterns of health care utilization in emergency care, inpatient care, outpatient care, primary care, specialty care, and mental health care.
Data available for understanding key access, cost, and quality components of health care in Washington.
Learn about the medical insurance status of Washingtonians, primary sources and affordability of insurance, and options being considered for increasing access to insurance.
Read about the workforce and facilities that deliver health care in Washington.
Find national health policy and research organizations, and government bodies who have a role in health policy.
Learn about the forecast that helps the state estimate the need for medical services provided through Medicaid (Apple Health).
Recent reports and data
- Negative patient outcomes after rehabilitation in skilled nursing facilities - Aug. 2023
- Adverse outcomes related to skilled nursing facility stays following hospital discharge in Washington, 2015-2018 - Research Brief 111, June 2023
- Washington's non-citizen immigrant population continued to experience disparities in health coverage - Research Brief 112, Aug. 2023
- DACA-eligible immigrants and characteristics: 2021, Washington - June 2023
- Washington state's immigrant population: 2010-21 - Research Brief 110, May 2023
- 2012-19 and 2021 County Uninsured Rates Chart Book: Washington - Feb. 2023
- 2012-19 and 2021 Uninsured Rates Chart Book for Accountable Communities of Health in Washington - Feb. 2023
- Record low uninsured rate in 2021 amid COVID-19 pandemic - Research Brief 108, Dec. 2022
- 2017-21 ARNP Supply in Provider Network: Estimates for Washington - Nov. 2022