State Employee Engagement Survey
Survey Results & Analysis- summary table
2017 Employee Engagement Survey Report (PDF, 678 KB)
Every year, State Human Resources administers the State Employee Engagement Survey for the executive branch.
- 75 agencies, boards and commissions participated in the survey, representing 99.9% of the executive branch workforce.
- 47,243 employees took the survey, for a response rate of 75%.
- 80% or more gave positive ratings for the three following issue areas:
- Knowing what is expected of them
- Being treated with dignity and respect by their supervisors
- Knowing how their work contributes to the goals of the agency
- Long-term trend data continues to show predictable patterns. Employees in the first two years of a job and employees in small agencies continue to give higher scores than the workforce as a whole. Patterns such as these can provide insight on ways to improve the work experience for all employees.
- The employee engagement survey results are used to improve Washington state government as an employer of choice. Progress will be reported through the Results Washington Employer of Choice measure.