State of Washington Classified Job Specification
OFFICE SERVICES MANAGER 2
Serves as principal assistant to the supervisor of business management or office services for a large State agency in carrying out a variety of duties including office space requirements, equipment and facilities, lease agreements, and supervision of purchasing and other service activities.
Positions in this class must meet at least three of the five following characteristics:
- Supervises an agency's entire office support and business management functions, including: purchasing, inventory control, equipment and office space need determination and utilization, real property leases, mail distribution, forms analysis and printing/reproduction services.
- Supervises an agency's purchasing activities with annual purchases in excess of $200,000.
- Supervises office space utilization and business supply function in agency with excess of 100,000 square feet of office/floor space and with a minimum of twenty separate operating locations.
- Supervises a staff of at least five subordinates, including a subordinate equivalent to a Procurement and Supply Specialist 2.
- Supervises/coordinates an agency's capital equipment function, including equipment inventory and the development of equipment needs and specifications.
Assists and acts for supervisor in planning, organizing and coordinating office and business management functions;
Implements and develops program for effective use of office space throughout the State for an agency; determines needs and supervises preliminary designs related to staffing, program and work flow;
Assists supervisor in departmental liaison with Department of General Administration in construction, remodeling and leasing of facilities; arranges for building services including janitorial, telephone, repairs, utilities, etc.;
Assists supervisor in the purchasing of supplies and equipment; assists in inventories, surplus property disposal, and budget preparation;
Maintains records of real property leases; coordinates insurance coverage for various functions of department;
Supervises complete operation of unit in absence of supervisor;
Performs other work as required.
Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge of: business machines; mailing and duplicating equipment; real estate appraising; drafting tools and procedures; purchasing methods and procedures; basic principles of real property records; leasing and construction; administrative and business procedures.
Ability to: plan, organize, and supervise work of others; investigate, study, and resolve complex problems; maintain records, controls, and reports; maintain effective relationships with others; speak and write clearly.
There may be instances where individual positions must have additional licenses or certification. It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure the appropriate licenses/certifications are obtained for each position.
A Bachelor's degree in business administration or allied field.
Three years of experience in office or business management, management or administrative analysis, or closely related work.
Additional qualifying experience may be substituted, year for year, for education.
Three years in State service as a Manager, Office Services, Office Manager, Administrative Assistant 3, Management Analyst 1, or equivalent.
Class Specification History
General revision and code number change: 9-1-69
Revised minimum qualifications and added distinguishing characteristics: 10-29-74
New class code: (formerly 11680) effective July 1, 2007.
Title change and revised distinguishing characteristics adopted 5/9/2019, effective 5/10/2019; previously "Manager, Office Services 2."