State of Washington IT Professional Structure
IT BUSINESS ANALYST - ENTRY
Allocation criteria for classified IT job families and levels is found in the IT Professional Structure Evaluator’s Handbook. "
Job Family Definition
Job Level Competency Description
• Baseline understanding of principles and theory within area(s) of responsibility (gained through multiple years of progressive experience, training or formal education in area of assignment) and is developing depth of knowledge and practical application.
• Skilled in the diagnosis, troubleshooting and/or maintenance of IT systems.
• New technology (as applicable): Learn to operate and maintain new technology; assist in transitions.
• Resolves problems requiring analysis and the discernment of the most suitable solution(s)/processes(s) available. Selects from "in the box"/best practice models/strategies to resolve problems.
• Uses skills and abilities to complete routine tasks at the beginning, while growing toward completing tasks of increasing complexity.
• Uses basic understanding of the field to perform job duties; may need some guidance on job duties; applies learning to recommend options to address unusual situations.
• Recognizes basic knowledge and skills and the ability to apply learning in everyday situations under direct guidance or supervision.
• Competent to work on several phases of computer operations, but still needs instruction and guidance for other (more complex) phases.
• Participates in specialized projects under direction of a higher-level IT professional.