Number of Employees and Headcount Trends
Summary of workforce, headcounts as of March 31, 2021:
- executive branch – 65,986
- legislative branch – 938
- judicial branch – 496
- general government (excluding higher ed) – 67,420
- Number of State Employees by Agency and County (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Number of State Employees by Job (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Includes permanent and nonpermanent employees.
- Excludes higher education institutions.
Last Updated: 04/13/2021
Time Period: 03/31/2017–03/31/2021
Update Frequency: quarterly (end of fiscal quarter)