Number of Employees and Headcount Trends
Summary of workforce, headcounts as of December 31, 2019:
- executive branch – 64,811
- legislative branch – 799
- judicial branch – 484
- general government (excluding higher ed) – 66,094
- Number of State Employees by Agency and County (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Number of State Employees by Job (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Includes permanent and nonpermanent employees.
- Excludes higher education institutions.
Last Updated: 01/15/2020
Time Period: 12/31/2015–12/31/2019
Update Frequency: quarterly (end of fiscal quarter)