Number of Employees and Headcount Trends
Summary of workforce, headcounts as of June 30, 2019:
- executive branch – 65,188
- legislative branch – 750
- judicial branch – 470
- general government (excluding higher ed) – 66,408
- Number of State Employees by Agency and County (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Number of State Employees by Job (xlsx) - general government (excludes higher education institutions)
- Includes permanent and nonpermanent employees.
- Excludes higher education institutions.
Last Updated: 07/31/2019
Time Period: 06/30/2015–06/30/2019
Update Frequency: quarterly (end of fiscal quarter)