Make a public record request
Commonly requested records and documents
- Data on state employee salaries and job titles
- Demographics information
- State budget information
- Collective bargaining agreements
- State human resources policy and civil service rules
- Workforce data & trends
We prefer requests be made in writing or email so both parties have a record of the contact. If this is not possible, we will be pleased to discuss a request over the telephone and place it in writing for the requester. Requests and questions about public records should be directed to:
Public Records Officer
Washington State Office of Financial Management
Insurance Building, Suite 300
P.O. Box 43113
Olympia, WA 98504-3113
Phone: (360) 870-8731
A request should contain the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number or email address of the person requesting the record;
- Date on which the request is being made; and
- Description of the record(s) requested.
A form is available, but not required, for requesting public records. You may submit the completed form by email or mail using the contact information above.
There is no cost to review requested public records in our office in Olympia during normal business hours. Please note, however, that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our offices are closed to the public, and records cannot be inspected in person at this time. OFM charges for the production of copies of requested records as follows*:
|15 cents/page||Photocopies, printed copies of electronic records when requested by the requester|
|10 cents/page||Paper records scanned to electronic file|
|5 cents/each for 4 electronic files or attachments||Records attached to email, or uploaded to cloud-based data storage service, or other means of electronic delivery|
Digital storage media or devices
|Actual cost||Postage or delivery charges - Specific amount based upon postage/delivery charges for specific mailings or deliveries|
*OFM will waive costs if it estimates a total cost of less than $5.00 for a request.
Within five (5) business days of receiving the request, as required by law, OFM will respond in one of the following ways:
- Make the requested record(s) available;
- Make a portion of the records available in installments as they are assembled;
- Ask for clarification if the request is unclear;
- Acknowledge the request and provide a reasonable estimate of time needed to respond; or
- Deny the request.
The Public Records Act provides that certain types of records and information are exempt from public disclosure. Where exempt information can be deleted from a record (redacted), the record will be provided without the exempt information. Whenever OFM withholds all or part of a record, we will identify the applicable exemption on a log we produce and provide to the requester.