Our Pro-Equity Anti-Racism statement
Text version of the above video:
On March 22, 2022, Gov. Jay Inslee signed Executive Order 22-04, Implementing the Washington State Pro-Equity Anti-Racism (PEAR) Plan & Playbook. The executive order calls on all executive branch state agencies, boards and commissions to partner with the Office of Equity in a commitment to be an anti-racist government system.
The Office of Financial Management is dedicated to upholding this executive order in our policies, practices and program implementation. We join in this unified vision of equity and anti-racism, and we believe every individual living in Washington has a right to thrive in their communities.
While this implementation falls on all of us, responsibilities may vary. Our executive team and other staff in leadership roles throughout our agency will focus on many areas of work related to specific business lines. Beyond that, we commit to:
- Using an equitable lens in all the services we provide — both internally and externally — to the customers and communities we serve across the state. By doing so, we will help break down systemic barriers that prevent all individuals from having the same access to opportunities and services. We will also use data metrics to identify priorities while measuring our improvement.
- Assessing our individual impact and progress related to equity in our specific roles. We will welcome feedback and promote safety by addressing concerns quickly and respectfully. We will proactively identify areas of attention. When that is not possible, we will respond efficiently and with care.
- Keeping equity front and center in all our practices — starting with our mission, vision and values statement that will drive our work and relationships.
Over the next several months, we will hold coffee chats to share information and hear from you about what equity means to you and how you incorporate it into your work. This will enable us to hear examples of putting equity into action.
Our internal Pro-Equity Anti-Racism Team began meeting in fall 2022 to partner with the Office of Equity in our Strategic Action Plan related to equitable practices across our business lines of hiring, budgeting and supplier diversity.
We look forward to this work and partnership with the Office of Equity, our internal teams, customers and stakeholders. If you have thoughts or suggestions, please contact our Equity Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Schumacher and Emily Beck
View this statement in other languages:
- Español/Spanish: Declaración contra el Pro-Equity Anti-Racism (racismo y a favor de la igualdad) de Office of Financial Management (Oficina de Administración Financiera) [PDF]
- Русский/Russian: Заявление Управления финансового менеджмента по Pro-Equity Anti-Racism (борьбе с расизмом и дискриминацией на основе принципа равенства) [PDF]
- Українська/Ukrainian: Заява Управління фінансового менеджменту щодо Pro-Equity Anti-Racism (боротьби з расизмом та дискримінацією на основі принципу рівності) [PDF]
- Tiếng Việt/Vietnamese: Tuyên Bố của Văn Phòng Quản Lý Tài Chính về Pro-Equity Anti-Racism (Chống Phân Biệt Chủng Tộc Ủng Hộ Công Bằng) [PDF]
- Tagalog: Pahayag ng Office of Financial Management (Opisina ng Pangangasiwa sa Pananalapi) may kinalaman sa Pro-Equity Anti-Racism (Pabor sa Pagkakapantay-pantay sa Kontra sa Diskriminasyon sa Lahi) [PDF]
- Soomaaliga/Somali: Bayaanka Pro-Equity Anti-Racism (Ladagaalanka Takoorka Sinaanta) ee Xafiiska Maamulka Maaliyada [PDF]