Affirmative action laws and rules applicable in Washington
Federal regulations and state laws requiring affirmative action and non-discrimination:
Definitions related to affirmative action
- 357-01-005 Affected groups
- 357-01-010 Affirmative action program.
- 357-01-015 Affirmative action plan.
- 357-01-115 Disabled veteran.
- 357-01-235 Persons with disabilities.
- 357-01-350 Underutilization.
- 357-01-355 Vietnam era veteran.
U.S. Department of Labor
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 41 60-2
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 41 60-250
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 41, Part 60-741
- Vietnam-era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Federal enforcement agencies
- US Department of Education (Office of Civil Rights)
- US Department of Justice (Civil Rights Division)
- US Department of Labor (Office of federal Contract Compliance Programs)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Federal laws and regulations
Washington enforcement agency
Washington laws and regulations
|Chapter 49.74.005 RCW||Legislature’s Findings regarding Affirmative Action|
|RCW Chapter 41.06.150||Rule making mandatory subjects|
|RCW Chapter 41.06.530||WA state policy on diversity in state government|
|RCW Chapter 41.06.500||AA rules for Executive Cabinet Agency Managers|
|RCW Chapter 43.43.340||WA State Patrol’s AA in hiring for state troopers|
|RCW Chapter 49.60.400||WA Law Against Discrimination|
|Chapter 357-25 WAC||Guidance to employers on affirmative action|
|Executive Order 96-04||Implementing the ADA|
|Executive Order 89-01||Implementing the WA state Sexual Harassment Policy|
|Executive Order 12-02||Diversity and Inclusion|
Tuesday, December 6, 2022