Washington export activity
2018 ($ Millions)
|Total all Industries||$77,700|
|Civilian Aircraft, Engines & Parts||$41,796|
|Corn (Maize), Other than Seed Corn||$3,697|
|Wheat and Meslin, Nesoi||$2,039|
|Petrol Oil Bitum Mineral||$1,229|
|Ultrasonic Scanning Apparatus||$871|
|Potatoes, Prepared etc., No Vinegar etc., Frozen||$798|
|Flours and Meals of Soybeans||$705|
|LT Oils, Preps GT=70% Petroleum/Bitumen||$557|
1997 to 2018
Inflation-Adjusted to 2018 Dollars
- Between 1997 and 2005, Washington exports averaged of $40 billion of goods per year.
- Between 2004 and 2008, total exports jumped from $34 billion to $55 billion due largely to a doubling of transportation equipment exports. The leveling off in 2008 was a result of a disruption in aircraft orders due to a protracted labor/management dispute. The slowdown in 2009 exports was due to the global recession.
- Transportation equipment, primarily aircraft and parts, accounted for over 53.8 percent of Washington exports in 2018.
- Washington has consistently ranked in the top states in exports during the last decade, and in 2018 ranked 4th in total value of exports behind Texas, New York and California.
- Foreign Trade: U.S. Census Bureau
Last modified: May 22, 2019