You are here

Home » Accounting » Administrative & accounting resources » Travel » Travel expenses for boards and commissions

Travel expenses for boards and commissions

If you are a member of a class 1, 2, 3 or 5 board, commission, council, committee or similar group, you are prohibited from receiving an allowance for subsistence, lodging or travel expenses if the allowance cost is funded by the state General Fund. However, you may be granted an exemption, and receive an allowance, if the expenses incurred are related to an agency’s critically necessary work.

How do I get an exemption?

If your board or commission is under the purview of …

Request an exemption from …

Executive branch agency

The agency head or authorized designee

Judicial branch agency

The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Legislative agency Both the Chief Clerk of the House of Representatives and the Secretary of the Senate
Separately elected official The separately elected official
Institution of higher education The president of the institution
All other boards The chair or executive director

Need to know more?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.