Workforce data & trends
About the data
Workforce data and trends give employers strategic context for managing and developing a high-performing workforce.
- Unless otherwise noted, all data reflect the executive branch workforce only (excluding higher education).
- The data source for most information is the statewide Human Resource Management System (HRMS).
- Most pages are updated annually at the end of the fiscal year. However, some pages are updated quarterly. Each page will note the last updated date, time period of the data and update frequency at the page bottom.
Workforce at a glance
- Number of employees and headcount trends
- Workforce distribution by state agency
- Types of employment
- Management profile
- Classified Washington Management Service
- Workforce diversity
- Workforce age
- Length of service
- Workforce turnover
- Turnover – retirement
- Turnover – resignation
- Movement between agencies
- Layoff activity